Tuesday, December 18, 2007

cash hands evaluation

After my good start of friday everything went quickly downhill.

After having played more than 1000 hands I'm down 6.6$. So time to look at what happened.

These hands listed below are good for a loss of around 38$, which is more than my initial BR was.

KK cracked: loss 6.15$
Hand started okay with KK. Started with a steady and firm raise of 2$. The flop was in my eyes completely harmless but cause there was enough money in the pot I wanted to take it uncontested so I went all-in. When the A fell on the turn I knew enough. The question I have know is how can you call an all-in raise with AJ and a flop with did not help you.

QQ cracked: loss 7$
Again a blow in the face. While he had the flush possibilities, I myself would never have called it.

1010 cracked: loss 6.25$
Morons are rewarded I guess.

2 pair vs a higher 2 pair:
loss 5.18$
My own stupid fault. But it so hard to lay down 2 pair.

straight vs flush: loss 4$
Should have played it differently. Cause he did call on the river with only one club on the board, I did not expect that he was chasing a flush.

Full House vs 4 of a kind: loss 3.25$
This one did hurt a lot. While I was behind during the complete hand you never expect to face a four of a kind.

2 pair vs a higher 2 pair: 2.75$
Again the villain made his second pair on the river. Ffs.

So a lot to learn.

Good luck at the tables,
Dremeber

5 reacties:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Any reason why you are sat with less than half a buy-in? I always sit with the maximum for the table. If you're uncomfortable in potentially losing $25 then play NL10 instead. With the size of your stack in the first few you are nearly always going to be called with any push etc you make.

The 80th Minute said...

Hey Pud,

Correct comment. Also learned this. Besides the reason you gave above it makes it also very hard to do a raise and afterwards stepping out of the hand cause you have the feeling that your hand is beaten.
I increased my buy-in to 10$. Still not the maximum but it is the double of before. This increases the confort zone at the tables.

Thx,
Dremeber

Rob1606 said...

KK: on the flop, your opponent thinks (!) he has 7 outs twice (three aces, four kings), as well as backdoor flush and straight possibilities. The pot was $6.40 and you put in an additional $4 (to put him all-in), thus he has to pay $4 to win $10.10, those are in fact the right odds, I believe (2.5:1).

QQ: his checkraise on the flop was interesting. Probably you want to reraise strongly here, it is extremely unlikely that he has a made straight. He may have a set but why not check-call in that case? I would expect him to have an overpair here.

TT: it looks like you have trouble folding hands. There are just too many ways you are beaten on the end, he may have had a queen the whole time, or made a flush (though again, this is unlikely).

87: your raise on the flop is too low. You have THREE opponents! You are very likely to be up against a straight draw and/or a flush draw. But you bet only $0.18, which is half the pot at this point. You need to bet more, say $0.30 or so.

Then, on the turn you just call! The turn card did not help anyone (not enough to beat you!) but you have to win this pot NOW. Bet at least $1 or even $1.50. You must deny your opponents the odds to call.

98: what can I say, a complete idiot got rewarded. You cannot reasonably put him on a flush draw on the turn, and you want to make money off of your straight. You played this hand well.

Last hand: simply rotten luck...

The 80th Minute said...

I indeed have problems with laying down hands even when there is a big chance that I'm beaten. Have to work at this.
Also a correct analysis. I need to put more effort into learning the meaning of pot odds. And I have to do it NOW before I would wast me complete BR.
Thx.

Unknown said...

Try not to think results oriented, results really aren't useful info when analysing hands. Players tend to only analyse hands that were lost, try to look at all big pots; won or lost.

I cannot comment on the specific hands because pokerhand is blocked here at work but some good analysis was already given in earlier comments it seems.

Last point is that I would advise to always play with a full stack, you need to be able to take fully advantage of your big hands. If you don't think you have an edge over your opponents (and thus consider the risk to lose your stack larger than the odds to double it up, then you should probably move down).

Regards,
Stijn