Thursday, November 01, 2007

Life as a consultant can be harsh

In the beginning of the year I was forced into consultancy because the development part of our company was put up for sale. My manager quickly found a customer who really wanted my. So I started there the first of april. Now more than a half year later I'm finally up to speed till the budget round hit me. From the first of december I will be idle again. So, it is not that I lost my job but I really like working there and the travel distance was a wet dream.

The Project leaders at the customer assured me that there was nothing I could have done, they were very satisfied with my work are sorry that they had to let me go. One, who was also an external consultant who so impressed by my work that he offered me a job at their consultancy firm which I consider a big compliment.

So, in stead of getting depressive it was a hugh moral booster.

On the poker side, it is really silent. Only played 2 SNGs yesterday. 1 3,40$ 10 seater, which I shouldn't have played due to time constraints and 1 5$ 10 seater in which I got third with good poker.

Yesterday we bought Buzz Mega quiz for the PS2. So yesterday evening was a quiz battle between me and Mrs D. As expected I got my ass kicked 3 times. Bummer.

Good luck at the tables,
Dremeber

0 reacties: